Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Hugo Chavez Venezuela

I started my job at chase bank about six years ago. I had it pretty good. I would handle a few tech calls, and then surf the web. After a couple of months it seemed like i had visited every single web page known to man. So i started to read the news. It got addictive, sometimes I couldn't get enough, or the news wasn't coming in quick enough. It really is a huge soap opera. Well, that's when i came across a guy named hugo chavez and venezuela.

Hugo is the president of venezuela, he was starting to make waves by taking control of PDVSA(now the state owned oil company). Boy, were the oil guys in control mad. They were furious that their meal ticket was being taken away, and so was the U.S. That's when things started to get juicy.

A coupe deta, what a silly word. Well there goes Hugo>> overthrown and flown to a small island off of Venezuela. The U.S. supports and recognizes the new coup leader. Naughty, naughty. But things start to go wrong. Some of the generals don't play along, and man are the streets getting crowded with poor folks! they're asking for the return of hugo chavez. Great Drama! But very few media outlets in Venezueal and the U.S. are covering it. Why? Well that's when I asked the same question.

And this was the begining of my favorite soap opera. Alo Presidente Hugo!



No comments: